This is a naïve enquiry kōrero. These are gentle questions where there’s no right or wrong, but the questions should gently challenge tamariki – some questions may be difficult to answer. And that is okay.
Ask tamariki to think about their favourite superhero. Often tamariki will be experts on these characters, but let’s see how well they really know them! Let them know there’s no right or wrong answer, these are just their thoughts and ideas.
- What is your favourite superehero’s best trait – why?
- If your superhero’s best trait is a superpower, e.g. flying, what is their greatest ‘human’ trait?
- How do they use this human trait for good?
- How is this similar to you?
- Are there any other traits they share with you or your friends/whānau?
- Pink Shirt Day originated because of a couple of Upstanders – David Shepherd and Travis Price from Canada – bought and gave out 50 pink shirts at school, after a male student was bullied for wearing a pink shirt on the first day of school. This was a creative way to show their support!
- What would your favourite superhero think about Pink Shirt Day?
- Would they wear anything pink today?
Let tamariki know the armbands are there if they choose to wear them.