Tamariki will need:
- A scavenger hunt pouch or container (use a box from the recycling or maybe a reusable shopping bag)
- A scavenger hunt list (you could pop this up on Seesaw, or use DoC's much better option here).
Ask tamariki to head outside and find:
- 5 different types of green
- 5 oddly shaped sticks
- 5 little things that roll
- 5 nature triangles
- 5 different smells (eg cut crass, wet bark)
If you’re learning from home you might use Zoom or Google Meet time for tamariki to take their devices outside (close to the WIFI!) and hunt for each item you read out, bringing these back to share. Teams of five could bring one item back each. Or if using devices at home they could capture photos of each item and load them onto your sharing platform such as Seesaw.
This activity is part of the Conservation Week Bookmark collection.